2lbs All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons butter, cut in very small pieces
2 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons baking power
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined
2. Make a well in the center and scatter pieces of butter throughout flour mixture
3. Gradually incorporate the water until obtaining a smooth and homogeneous dough. The given amount of water is approximate and depends on the quality of the flour that is used.
4. Place the dough on a lightly oil bowl, cover it with plastic film to avoid getting a cap on it, and let it rest for at least 4 hours (overnight preferred), away from draft
5. Divide the dough into 12 to 15 pieces and form balls the size of a golf ball.
6. To cook, pour a large amount of oil into a deep-fryer or large skillet and heat to 350 degrees F
7. On a lightly floured work surface, flatten each ball and, using both hands, stretch little by little from the inside of the dough towards the outside, round and thin. You can also use a rolling pin to roll out until very thin
8. Fry in the hot oil in batches. Use tongs to turn over to ensure even browning of both side, until crispy and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving